The South Market District provides the premier retail location in downtown.
The site's unique attributes include:
- The ideal retail setting; with five-blocks of frontage both sides of Girod Street, the site plan creates an attractive pedestrian thoroughfare activated with gathering spaces and outdoor cafes, less than one block from Poydras Street, the City's main office/commercial thoroughfare.
- Unparalleled visibility, access & connectivity; located one block from US-90/I-10, adjacent to the Union Passenger Terminal (Greyhound, Amtrak and regional bus terminus) and connected to all points downtown via an expansion of the streetcar line that runs alongside the site.
- Uniquely positioned to capitalize on New Orleans' "New Economy"; the extended streetcar provides a direct (two-stop) connection to New Orleans' Medical District. The Medical District currently has nearly $3 billion of new development underway, and will create 7,000 new high-paying jobs over the next few years. Projects include the joint VA/LSU Medical Center- the largest healthcare development underway in the United States, the BioInnovation Center and the Louisiana Cancer Research Center.
- Downtown's 9 million SF of Class A Office Space is all within 10-minute walk of The District, with nearly 8 million SF within a 5-minute walk.
- The District is walking distance from New Orleans premier tourist attractions including the French Quarter, Riverfront/Convention Center, Arts District and Downtown Museums. The District is also a short walk from many important civic/institutional locations including City Hall, Federal and State Courts and Federal and State Agency offices.